pages

Friday, December 20, 2013

[review] STEELHEART BY BRANDON SANDERSON

Book: Steelheart
Series: (Reckoners #1)
Author: Brandon Sanderson
Rating:


There are no heroes. 
Ten years ago, Calamity came. It was a burst in the sky that gave ordinary men and women extraordinary powers. The awed public started calling them Epics. But Epics are no friend of man. With incredible gifts came the desire to rule. And to rule man you must crush his wills. 
Nobody fights the Epics... nobody but the Reckoners. A shadowy group of ordinary humans, they spend their lives studying Epics, finding their weaknesses, and then assassinating them. 
And David wants in. He wants Steelheart—the Epic who is said to be invincible. The Epic who killed David's father. For years, like the Reckoners, David's been studying, and planning—and he has something they need. Not an object, but an experience. 
He's seen Steelheart bleed. And he wants revenge.


I often wish i was a superhero. Or at list live in the world where they exist so ill be their techno-geek (like felicity on arrow) and help them...
This book made me rethink my wishes.
Sanderson giver every superhero villains characteristic and makes the regular human the real heroes!
Now that's the world i wanna live in!

The setting is in Chicago, in the future where the whole City is made of still. Also because of the Epic named Nightwielder the city lives in perpetual darkens and almost all the citizens are relocated underground.
I had a problem imagining the world made of still and darkens. My mind is used to imagining soft soil and green trees and also sunshine. I had to keep reminding my self and re-imagine the setting (which is totally my fault). That might have dampened my enjoyment a little. But the action in this book and the unpredictable plot twist made up for the narrow-mindedness of my imagination.

What truly made this book so much enjoyable was the way the story was delivered.
This is primly a vengeance story. But Davids lighthearted narration spokes in such a manor that puts the hatred second to the purposeful ambition and made this more a story about loyalty and devotion.
It also made me love David more.

The romance was just touched upon, but it was enough to make setup for later, and also left great (or grave, we'll see) possibilities for book two.

So yes, yes, I loved this book people! Davids awkward manor, his improvising skills, the mystery of the characters surrounding him, the wonder that is the girl he likes, made this so, SO good!

I recommend you go and read this as soon as possible. So stop reading my rambling and go now! Go!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a cool book! I am going to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you def. should! Its very good.

    ReplyDelete

We are very delighted to see your comment on our page!
Please feel free to say whatever you think about our post (even when your opinion doesn't matches ours).