pages

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

[review] WORLD AFTER BY SUSAN EE

Book: World After
Series: (Penryn & the End of Days #2)
Author: Susan Ee
Rating:


When a group of people capture Penryn's sister Paige, thinking she's a monster, the situation ends in a massacre. Paige disappears. Humans are terrified. Mom is heartbroken. Penryn drives through the streets of San Francisco looking for Paige. Why are the streets so empty? Where is everybody? Her search leads her into the heart of the angels' secret plans where she catches a glimpse of their motivations, and learns the horrifying extent to which the angels are willing to go. Meanwhile, Raffe hunts for his wings. Without them, he can't rejoin the angels, can't take his rightful place as one of their leaders. When faced with recapturing his wings or helping Penryn survive, which will he choose?


WOW. Just wow. This book? I'm not sure I can describe it as anything else but AMAZING! World After is one of those books that are hard to describe and review  because I feel like I can’t do the book justice and explain how much I loved it. Here I am, months later, trying to write a review for the hundredth time. And I can't (Not really, anyway.) This book is just everything I want in a book. Okay, how do I even begin?

THINGS I ABSOLUTELY LOVED ABOUT THIS BOOK:
  • I LOVE Penryn. That name alone for me is worth reading the book. She is strong, no non-sense,low on drama, navigating a really dark world. I love how real she is in this book.
  • I LOVE Raffe...sigh…all I can say is that I have got a new addition to my Fictional BF collection :)  I have one BIG complaint though: Not enough Raffe! Seriously!  He's this mysterious angel warrior and totally bad ass. HE IS SO SWOON-WORTHY.
  •  I love the flirty bantering between Penryn and Raffe, through out the whole story. The world is one hell of a post-apocalyptic wasteland, and even in such a dire situation, Penryn and Raffe both manage to find humor to lighten things up.
  • Scenes that give you warm fuzzy feelings up your spine and butterflies at the pit of your stomach.
  • The plot is so unexpected. There's always things happening in this book that leaves you at the edge of your seat.
  • Paige! Poor sweet Paige! There's this one particular scene that honestly brought me to tears like I really CRIED. REAL TEARS.
  • The book is dark and twisted, with some gruesome bits in it, imagine scorpion angels and Frankenstein-like experiments on little kids...but I loved it all.
  • Despite all the struggle, hardship, and heartbreak, there were many times where I found myself laughing out loud. 
  • Pooky Bear. You can’t NOT  love Pooky Bear. That's the best sword ever 
  • Penryn's crazy mom is another highlight of the book, her relationship with Pen is heartbreaking. When Penryn gets her inner (crazy) Mom on, she is funny as hell. I laughed so hard I nearly died.
  • The end of this book was the best I've read in a long friggin time! It left me crazy! CRAZY I TELL YOU!!
  • Susan Ee awed me with her writing. Without her there won't be Raffe..Enough said!
I JUST LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS BOOK
Hard to focus on reality again after that one...

No comments:

Post a Comment

We are very delighted to see your comment on our page!
Please feel free to say whatever you think about our post (even when your opinion doesn't matches ours).