pages

Monday, February 3, 2014

[teaser] THREE BY KRISTEN SIMMONS





Book: Three
Series: (Article 5 #3)
Author: Kristen Simmons


“Excuse me.”
I turned to find a girl with a messy blond braid, dressed in the borrowed clothing provided from Greeneville’s stash. Her face betrayed her youth; she was my height but couldn’t have been more than twelve or thirteen. At the sudden attention her round cheeks darkened and she looked to her hands, where she clutched a piece of paper.
“You’re Ember, right?”
I nodded. There was no use hiding it now. Behind me, I heard Chase and Jesse step away, giving us a little rivacy.
“Is everything okay?” I asked, immediately regretting the question. Of course things weren’t okay; that was why she was here. In confirmation of my thoughts her hazel eyes welled with tears.
I placed a hand on her forearm, unsure what else to do.

*Note: all the teasers we provide are from the Advanced Readers Copy of the book and may be subjected to changes upon publishing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We are very delighted to see your comment on our page!
Please feel free to say whatever you think about our post (even when your opinion doesn't matches ours).