pages

Monday, December 30, 2013

[a year in books] BEST/WORST BOOKS

So with only day left until the new year (and the party and the drinking - and the free time off work, and the sleeping until late in the morning, and all that food. phew! can't wait), the only thing left to do is pronounce our most favorite books of the year that passed.
Without a further ado here are our choices.


------------------------


An Abundance of Katherines
I have read three of John Green’s books to date and loved them all, but this was just incredibly painful to read. My biggest problem with this book is how unlikeable this genius, Collin, is. Especially if the reader is supposed to believe he got 19 girls (all named Katherine) to date him. He was annoying and whiny and just because he acknowledges that fact himself doesn't mean it makes it any less annoying to read about.
So Colin, maybe all those Katherines dumped you because you're kind of an asshole. Where's the variable for that?




World After(Penryn & the End of Days #2)
World After was. . .CRAZY AWESOME. I mean, there isn't anything else to say. Of course, I could just spill all my emotions out but I would only spoil the book. This is a book that justifies two years of that horrible thing called waiting. It was just awesome on so many levels.
I willingly gave up sleep to read this book. Seriously, in the middle of the night I was silently squealing like a crazy fangirl and I will gladly do so again for the books to come.


--------------------


Origin (Lux, #4)
This was absolutely awfuller people. I hated this book. I still do.
There was no regard for the characters and no story continuity. Just horny people f--ing (and i have movies for that i don't need a book!).
In my mind this is one looooong make-out session.
And its not like I am against any of that. I love make-ous books, i often read them. I just hated this one.
(even as im writing this it pisses me off this book. the bitch!)



The Dream Thieves
I thought of just saying -Maggie Stiefvater. The End!- and leave you with that, but I've already done that once so instead here is this:

"In that moment, Blue was a little in love with all of them. Their magic. Their quest. Their awfulness and strangeness. Her raven boys."

That's how i feel. I love all of this book, i love the whole series, every single character there is in it and Maggie Stiefvater. The End!

2 comments:

  1. I love when books are described as crazy awesome! I gotta read :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Jasna promises is really good! It is my strong intent to read both of the series soon!
    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

We are very delighted to see your comment on our page!
Please feel free to say whatever you think about our post (even when your opinion doesn't matches ours).